The Afterschool Universe
team offers occasional training workshops at NASA's
Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD, or at certain conferences. We also have a
network of certified trainers around the country to help make training workshops more
easily accessible to a variety of participants. Our network currently includes 45
certified trainers, many of whom are listed below. In addition to preparing implementers
to run the Afterschool Universe
with children, attendance at one of these training
workshops is a necessary first step to becoming a certified trainer yourself.
- Scheduled Training Workshops*:
- There are no training workshops currently planned. Please check back later.
- Existing Trainers:
Many training workshops will not make it to the above list. In addition, our
trainers are sometimes willing to work with you arrange a special training.
Here is a partial list of networks and individuals who sometimes run Afterschool
- - Department of Astronomy at Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Willing to do trainings anywhere, if time and travel are covered.
- - Central Michigan University - Mt. Pleasant, MI
- - Bridgewater, CT
- Ben Dworken and - Educational Equity Center at AED - New York, NY
- and - Build the Out-of-School Time Network (BOSTnet) - Boston, MA
- and - Central Texas Afterschool Network - Austin, TX
- and - Coordinated Child Care of Pinellas - Largo, FL
- and - Dallas AfterSchool Network - Dallas, TX
- and - Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes - Green Bay, WI
- and - Illinois AfterSchool Network - Springfield, IL
- Barbara Wilson and Matthew P. Goetz - Maryland Department of Juvenile Services - Cheltenham, MD
- and - Massachusetts Afterschool Partnership - Boston, MA
- and - OregonASK - Salem, OR
- and - The After-School Corporation - New York, NY
- and - THINK Together - Santa Ana, CA
- and - Tri-State Education & Technology Foundation - Cincinnatti, OH
- Casi Allington, , and Daniel Felder - Jackson County 4-H, University of Missouri Extension - Columbia, MO
- - Westminster Astronomical Society - Sykesville, MD
- - Prince George's County Public Schools - Upper Marlboro, MD
- - Montgomery County Public Schools - Gaithersburg, MD
- Jennifer Gibbs & Rita Monroy - Girl Scouts of Central Maryland - Baltimore, MD
- Sallie Alexander - Connecticut After School Network - East Haven, CT
- Pam Casto - NASA IV&V Facility ERC - Fairmont, WV
- Carmen Evenson - Evergreen Boys & Girls Club - Indiana, PA
- Rebecca Fast - Buffalo Public Schools - Grand Island, NY
- Dr. Philip Lanfranchi - Farmington Public Schools - Farmington, CT
- Mark Levy - Baltimore County Public Schools - Baltimore, MD
- Reba Gordon Matthews - Johnson Magnet School for Science, Technology, Engineering,
and Math - San Diego, CA
- Catherine Meechan - Salem Middle School - Virginia Beach, VA
- Karla Wright - Coles Ferry Elementary School - Lebanon, TN
Don't see anything that works for you, but still interested in a training?
Please contact us, and we'll see if we can
make a match within our network! You can also join
our mailing list to receive updates about available training opportunities.
* Training workshops are contingent on sufficient registration numbers. Dates
subject to change.
A list of our previous trainings and workshop presentations